Welcome to the Crimson Knights Forums! ! ! ! !

Please resgister if you have not already.
Welcome to the Crimson Knights Forums! ! ! ! !

Please resgister if you have not already.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Perfect Ice Lightning Mage Skill Build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Psyclone
Uber Admin
Uber Admin
Psyclone

CK Aura : 2147483647
Respect : 0

Perfect Ice Lightning Mage Skill Build Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Ice Lightning Mage Skill Build   Perfect Ice Lightning Mage Skill Build Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:40 pm

So you want to become the most bad-ass ice mage in the Maple World. The moment you start your character... you go wtf? Should I add this right now? Should I add that? What does this skill do? Should I add it to see what happens? Those are the exact questions that lead you into making a messed up noobish character which will eventually be abandoned later on. But fear not, you came to the right place to look for advise before you messed up your character, so kudos to you.

This is the skill build for beginner class, I'm sure I don't need to explain wtf this is about.

Stats: ADD NONE

Reason: Save every last bit of them for the moment you become mage, other wise it's a waste of APs.

Skills:

Level 2: Three Snails + 1 (1)
Level 3: Three Snails + 1 (2)
Level 4: Three Snails + 1 (3) MAXED
Level 5: Nimble Feet + 1 (1)
Level 6: Nimble Feet + 1 (2)
Level 7: Nimble Feet + 1 (3) MAXED

Reason:

Three Snails has become a very badass noob move ever since it stopped needing you to have snails in your pockets. (Gay, I know) Its extremely stable solid 40 damage on monsters is unrivaled by many other moves you get on your job for several levels. Three Snails is extremely helpful for completing the noob quests as fast as possible especially if you don't have stat investments. Nimble Feet on the other hand can be compared to Recovery however, Nimble Feet can be used every minute to boost your slow as hell walking speed, something I have abused for my entire life until the 2nd job skill "Teleport" was maxed.

1st Job Advancement

Yes... so you want to become a mage. It's highly recommended that you be there at level 8. Else, you'd miss out on some extra mp.

Stats:

Universal formula for mage stats:

Luk= level + 3
The rest goes into INT

Example:

Level 8: Luk= 8+3=11
INT= rest of the AP

Reason:

Level +3 is the golden formula that allows you to hit your training monsters accurately and also allows your level's equipments to be worn.
Note: Luk also SLIGHTLY increases the damage of your spells.

Perfect Mage Skill Build:

lvl 08: Improving MP Recovery +1 (1)
lvl 09: Improving MP Recovery +3 (4)
lvl 10: Improving MP Recovery +1 (5) , Improving Max MP Increase +2 (2)
lvl 11: Improving Max MP Increase +3 (5)
lvl 12: Improving Max MP Increase +3 ( 8 )
lvl 13: Improving Max MP Increase +2 (10) MAXED, Energy Bolt +1 (1)
lvl 14: Improving MP Recovery +3 ( 8 )
lvl 15: Improving MP Recovery +3 (11)
lvl 16: Improving MP Recovery +3 (14)
lvl 17: Improving MP Recovery + 2 (16)MAXED, Magic Claw +1 (1)
lvl 18: Magic Claw +3 (4)
lvl 19: Magic Claw +3 (7)
lvl 20: Magic Claw +3(10)
lvl 21: Magic Claw +3(13)
lvl 22: Magic Claw +3(16)
lvl 23: Magic Claw +3(19)
lvl 24: Magic Claw +1(20)MAXED, Magic Guard +2 (2)
lvl 25: Magic Guard +3 (5)
lvl 26: Magic Guard +3 ( 8 )
lvl 27: Magic Guard +3(11)
lvl 28: Magic Guard +3(14)
lvl 29: Magic Guard +3(17)
lvl 30: Magic Guard +3(20)MAXED

Results:

16 Improving MP Recovery MAXED
10 Improving Max MP Increase MAXED
20 Magic Claw MAXED
20 Magic Guard MAXED
1 Energy Bolt

Reason:

By now you're wondering WTF is a perfect mage? The definition of perfect mage is a mage that has the most MP it can possibly gain. Hence the reason I recommended adding Improved MP recovery right from the beginning to unlock Max MP Increase, then Maxing out Max MP Increase ASAP. You may be wondering what this MP Increase ASAP fuss is about, so allow me to explain. Max MP increase increases the amount of max MP you can gain every time you level. Meaning if you have point in max MP increase, you'd gain (for example) 100 more MP this level up than those noob looking mages that didn't add the points to max MP increase. Next question in your mind is probably, "Why not add an attack skill first then max it? Won't that be easier?" The answer is no... Energy Bolt with 1 invested points is highly unstable, and Three Snails works exactly the same way as Energy Bolt, and it's also far more stable and costs little MP. By the time you max out MP increase, your stats should be enough for an actual magic spell to be more powerful than Three Snails. This is when you put Energy Bolt in Three Snails's place, and add MP recovery. Why MP recovery before Magic Claws? Magic Claws cost much MP and will bring you to burn pots during training. The damage won't be sufficient enough to out do Energy Bolt's max damage for a level or two. MP recovery allows you to just sit for 30 seconds and regain MP so you can keep on training. When MP recovery is maxed, spam Magic Claws.

Why Magic Claws Over Energy Bolt?

Engery Bolt : Highly Unstable, Doesn't hit through obstacles, Single Hit
Magic Claws : Extremely Stable (almost too stable), Hits through obstacles, Double Hits.

'Nuff Said.

Why Magic Guard or Magic Armor?

Armor: Blocks at most 20 HP damage, doen't work on magic attacks or ranged attacks (which I guarantee high bosses spam)
Guard: Blocks 80% of HP damage and replaces it with MP damage. Works on all attacks. Essentially turning your monstrous MP bar into another HP bar. MP constantly heals itself...

Comparison? Boss hits 1000 damage. with Armor, you get 980 damage. With Guard, you get 200 damage. 'Nuff Said.
Back to top Go down
https://crimsonknights.rpg-board.net

Perfect Ice Lightning Mage Skill Build
Page 1 of 1